By Jess Handley
Last year we uploaded a recipe for a delicious turmeric smoothie, but if this summer has meant the overdoing of smoothies of all kinds, why not try this recipe for sweet turmeric tea? When brewed, this tea smells heavenly and is a great drink either first thing in the morning or as a treat at the end of a long day. Turmeric boasts an endless list of health benefits, and it will come as no surprise that is was one of the most sought after spices by the Dutch when trade first opened up with India over four-hundred years ago. Here are just a few of the health benefits that turmeric has to offer:
- It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
- Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
- May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Is a natural liver detoxifier.
- May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
- May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
- It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
- Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
Enjoy this tasty recipe, as well as the short snippet we included about other health benefits of turmeric.
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (or almond)
- ½ tspn Cinnamon
- ½ tspn Turmeric
- 1/8 tspn Nutmeg
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Raw honey to taste
Put coconut milk, spices and honey in a sauce pan heat up slowly on low heat. If you put it on high heat the coconut milk will get too thick. Pour and enjoy.
Original recipe courtesy of: http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/turmeric-tea.html?t=mam