When Still Pure describes their products as “made with love and respect for you, our community and our environment. Truly products with a clear conscience!” it is not a marketing gimmick filled with more hyperbole than substance. Their products are natural, botanical, hand crafted and entirely African. In fact, Still Pure commits to using only local products, sourced as close to their factory in the Riebeek Valley as possible, and extending further into South Africa where necessary. Co-owner Sue Pugh says that they are committed to caring for the environment, too, as well as ensuring that the farmers and community projects from whom they source ingredients, are paid a fair price.
Still Pure evolved from the company’s original business of custom designing and manufacturing distillation machines for the essential oil industry and supplying farmers with essential oil plants and information. A natural progression, says Sue, given her husband and co-owner Sandor’s background as an engineer and his penchant for playing “mad chef” in the kitchen.
Handcrafted soap bars were the first products produced and remain a best seller. Like all the Still Pure products they are made from natural, botanical ingredients with a base of olive oil & organic unrefined shea butter, to which exceptional moisturising oils are added. They are also, except for one bar in the range, suitable for vegans.
Sue’s recommendations for readers yet to discover their gorgeous range:
- The SKIN REPAIR BAR for gentle cleansing is enriched with sweet almond & rose hip cold pressed oils and fragranced with rose geranium essential oil.
- SKIN DRINK FOR DRY & MATURE SKIN (with baobab and rosehip cold pressed oils) for head to toe daily moisturising.
- SKIN REVIVAL ANTI–AGEING healing balm (made primarily of the best unrefined, organic shea butter we’ve ever known, infused with a selection of cold pressed and essential oils) for night nourishing.
- SOOTHING SALT SCRUB is emotionally calming, soothing away stress and anxiety and will slough away that pasty winter skin.
- The SHAVING BAR works up a lovely creamy foam with fresh eucalyptus, orange & sandalwood notes, along with tea tree to disinfect any nicks while shaving. Follow that with SKIN REVIVAL FOR MEN, which gently moisturises without feeling oily, sticky or making you sweat.
- Moisturize with SKIN FOOD BAOBAB & LIME, deeply nourishing with a fresh citrus fragrance.
You’ll find Still Pure products at Wellness Warehouse, but can also buy online via their [website]( where you can learn more about the company and all the products available. And if you are ever in Riebeek Kasteel, make sure to pop into the Still Pure shop.
One lucky reader can win a hamper of Still Pure products by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org using Still Pure in the subject line. The competition closes on 20 August 2013 and the winner will be decided by lucky draw.